Thursday, January 6, 2011

Xmas v2.0 with the family

Headed back to the midwest for the holidays, but it worked better (and substantially cheaper) to celebrate a week after the official holiday. Really pleasant and relaxing week with my family. A special treat was making to the extended family's Christmas gathering at Aunt Lisa's place in Naperville, and then spending the next few days at home with my immediate family and Grandpa & Meredith.
Dad, Mom, Grandpa, Meredith
After the family time, I spent a day walking around Chicago before my flight left at night. I'd heard about the new glass viewing platform, called The Ledge, installed at the Sears Tower observation deck 103 floors and 1353ft above ground. I had gone up to the top with Dad once when I was really young but had never been back up, even while living in the city. (I did make it up to the 88th floor a few times for courier deliveries, but no view from the mailroom there.) It's worth checking out if you're in the neighborhood.



No comments:

Post a Comment