Saturday, September 11, 2010

Utah Day 3: exploring Bryce Canyon

Took today to explore Bryce and will share Ken & Rilla's campsite again tonight. Very cold night here- overheard an RV dweller say her thermometer read 32'F at sunrise. My thrift store sweater helped although not quite enough... but a hot breakfast & coffee sure was a treat:

Hiked the Queens/Navajo Loop trails in the main amphitheater in the morning, winding beneath and amongst the novel Hoodoo formations:

In the nick of time, I hopped the free afternoon tourbus up to the southern terminus of the Bryce Road at Rainbow Point and saved myself a 17mi, 1900 vertical ft climb. I was by far less than half the average age of my fellow bus passengers, and the only one with a bike in the cargo bay.

The views were spectacular and the ride back down to camp was terrific fun:

No comments:

Post a Comment