Sunday, April 1, 2012

skiing at Loveland Resort

Yet another beautiful bluebird day here in Colorado so I woke up early, threw my ski gear in the car and drove up to Loveland. I still have a couple of lift tickets to use up before the snow melts, and that might be sooner than later this lousy snow season. I was still pretty fatigued from yesterday's big ride and spent more time basking in the sun than ripping up the slopes.

Views up at the top of Lift #9 (12,700ft) were great, but the lack of snow is startling.
looking southeast- I70 below and twin 14er peaks of Torrey's (L) and Gray's (R) standing tall and barren
Snow looks a little better off to the northwest, but still nothing like we're used to for April Fools Day

Despite the low snow, the skiing was still fun and the goofball energy that comes with spring skiing is fantastically amusing. Unbeknownst to me, it happened to be 80's Retro Day and lots of fun loving riders broke out their best thrift store skiwear. There was an 80's cover band and a fashion contest. And lots of good cheer in the air.
"Best Dressed" fashion contestants vying for a brand new snowboard

No comments:

Post a Comment