Thursday, January 5, 2012

Christmas V.2.0

My family is awesome, and awesomely flexible. We've gotten into the habit of celebrating Xmas a week late; this saves mucho $$$ on the airplane tickets, as well as the hassle of travelling during the holiday crunch. So we have Christmas together each year, but a week late. We dig it.

This year was extra great because my Grandpa Elliott was in our company for my entire visit. He is an amazing, highly accomplished man--- it's not often that one has a conversation with a person who's 89 years old and is more spry, engaged and thoughtful than most people my own age. (Including myself!)


Mom, Grandpa, Dad, me
my childhood homestead. Mowed this lawn how many times???!?
 Had a day to mill about in Chicago, so I wandered around the Loop before taking the L train to Midway. I stumbled across a neat art installation at Columbia College. I'm sorry I can't remember the artist's name but I loved this oil painting of a tired cyclist....


an amazing sight above our earth, on my trek home

No comments:

Post a Comment