Friday, January 20, 2012

National Western Stock Show festivities

For the past 107 years, Denver has been host to the National Western Stock Show. I've attended it the past couple of years, but after that the event gets a little old for a non-rancher like myself. The elusive goal, though, has been viewing the 'best in show' cow while he's on display in the lobby of the uber-fancy Brown Palace Hotel downtown. (It's another bizarre tradition of the Stock Show.) Finally, I realized my dream this year! As I pedaled up 17th St to drop some deliveries during work I spied the stock trailer outside of the hotel, so I waited around until they carted the steer into the lobby of the fancy hotel. Then I watched while the beast pissed all over the carpet inside his pen. Fantastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment