Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Elbow update

Had my initial evaluation with the Fracture Clinic this morning. Turns out there are some small cuts and scrapes on my elbow from landing on the concrete, and the doctor says that has to heal over before they can do the surgery. Apparently they won't make an incision through a wound because of a high risk of infection, specifically a bone infection in this case... and bone infection is a bad, bad thing.

So they cleaned up the wound, dressed it and put me in another splint. The doctor assures me that there is a 2 week window within which they can surgically repair the bone and not run into problems from the delay. Sounds a little suspect, but I'm not the doctor nor do I want an infection.

Got a prescription for some oral anti-biotics and a follow up appointment for Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment