Tuesday, July 12, 2011

back to the track-bike!

Spent last night installing a front brake on my fixed-gear track bike and fixing a flat tire so I could ride it for work today. First time I've have a brake installed in 9 years (although I'd still say that injury or no, it's the wiser/safer thing to do...) I'd intended to also swap out rear cogs to make the gearing easier, but I couldn't find a useable one laying around so it stays at 50x16. It felt wonderful to be back on my old work companion bike, smooth and efficient and quick and quiet and simple. I've grown very tired of pedaling a my fat tired mountain bike around the city for the past 5 weeks and I'm happy that I feel up to trying the track bike again.

With the narrow, high pressure road tires I have to be cautious of bumps in the road, as each jolt causes pain if I'm grasping the left handlebars with any pressure. Overall it was great, and a big step to feeling closer to my normal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment