Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday elbow update: 23 days post-op

The last few days have shown good progress with the arm. I was feeling a little stagnant earlier in the week, but I suppose this process is going to be like that- periods of distinct improvement along with a few days of less noticeable changes. Overall, my range of motion is coming along, my strength and dexterity is improving, and biking is starting to become a tiny bit more like normal biking. I'm still working full time on my mountain bike for safety and convenience sake, but am hankering to get back on my track bike (with a brake installed) soon. This week I skipped the sling as well, just keeping the elbow wrapped in ACE bandages, and working on using both hands to steer & brake.

Still keeping up with running a few times a week, back to my usual 5.5mi route. A big first this week was brushing my teeth left handed for the first time! Packing up this evening for our first backpacking trip this weekend-- I cannot wait to get into the woods for a night.

Here's an update of my range of motion limits (see my previous photos here)


No comments:

Post a Comment